Adult Training & Awards
When leaders understand the why and how of Scouting, they provide a quality, fun-filled program for boys. It is often said, “Every Scout deserves a trained leader,” but it is also true that “Every leader deserves training.”
Completing training will not only make your job as a leader easier, but it will make it more fulfilling and will give you confidence as you fulfill your responsibilities.
How can I get trained?
- Training Requirements – Everything you need to know to become fully trained for you position.
- E-Learning – Take classes online to become fully trained
- Live Instructor Training – The Vulcan District provides live training during the year. Follow the calendar to learn when the next training course is scheduled.
- Roundtable – Classes are taught during Vulcan District Roundtable. Visit the Roundtable page for more information
Where do I find training events?
Training and Other Adult Awards
- District Award of Merit Nomination Form
- Unit Leader Award of Merit
- Past Recipients of the District Award of Merit – Vulcan District
Cub Scout Awards
- Den Leader Training Award
- Cubmaster’s Key
- Scouter’s Training Award for Cub Scouting
- National Summertime Pack Award
Boy Scout Awards
- Scouter’s Training Award for Boy Scouting
- Scoutmaster’s Key
- BSA National Outdoor Challenge Unit Award
- Roundtable Staff Scouter’s Training Award
- Roundtable Commissioner Arrowhead Honor/Commissioner Key
- District and Assistant District Commissioner Key/Arrowhead Honor
- Unit Commissioner Key/Arrowhead Honor Award
- District Committee Scouter’s Training Award
- District Committee Key
Please mail or deliver Award Forms to:
Greater Alabama Council
P.O. Box 43307
Birmingham, AL 35243
You can fax the forms to 205-970-0349 or you can email them to William.McIntyre@scouting.org
Robert F. Calhoun Philmont Training Center Scholarship
This is an adult leader scholarship
The David D. Dowd III High Adventure Scouting Fund
This is a youth scholarship